Aspire XC 704 not starting

Options
Pesti
Pesti Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I have an Aspire XC 704 . About 14 months ago after it running fine for a year it it stopped working . I have no technical knowledge with computers at all . I have tried every option on the windows safe environment including returning to factory settings and losing my stored data . Nothing works . 
  I am using an old computer to write this but as it is windows 7 I am worried about doing this as there is no longer support for it . 
 My Aspire had windows 10 installed and had been running that fine . 

Answers

• Blues
    Blues Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Pesti said:
    I have an Aspire XC 704 . About 14 months ago after it running fine for a year it it stopped working . I have no technical knowledge with computers at all . I have tried every option on the windows safe environment including returning to factory settings and losing my stored data . Nothing works . 
      I am using an old computer to write this but as it is windows 7 I am worried about doing this as there is no longer support for it . 
     My Aspire had windows 10 installed and had been running that fine . 
    do you get any kind of error message.. if so, please share the error
    If my comment gives you a solution then please hit on "Yes"
    If you like or agree to my comment then please hit "Like"
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, we are going to need more information to help you with this, there are so many different ways a Windows boot can fail. It sounds like you re getting into the diagnostics during the boot, can you attach a picture of that screen so we can see which type of failure is happening?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pesti
    Pesti Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Sorry for the  delay in replying . There was never any error message . I have had it fixed by a friend who has got it running on Linux for just now . He done something with a USB stick , that is all I know .  I am hoping he can re install windows for me . Thanks :)