Aspire 7741G with Radeon 5650M. Can I unlock integrated Intel GPU?

Options
wbzb
wbzb Member Posts: 34 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
According to https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/50179/intel-core-i5-460m-processor-3m-cache-2-53-ghz.html my CPU has Intel's GPU integrated but I cannot use it. I can only see Radeon in my system, there is no option in BIOS to choose any. Can I somehow unlock this GPU? And why is it locked?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    The BIOS uses only one or the other, not both. There's no version of the BIOS that would allow both on these models.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • wbzb
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Do I understand it right that there is no hardware barrier just BIOS? And any unofficial modified version of BIOS? Or version which use only Intel GPU?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't know for sure, but I'd guess there is a hardware barrier, or else they wouldn't have done the BIOS the way it is.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • wbzb
    Options
    There was Acer's laptops with switchable GPUs then (like Aspire 4820TG-434G64Mn), why it is blocked in 7741?