Travelmate P259-G2-MG not booting after bios update.

Shaqib_khan
Shaqib_khan Member Posts: 21 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Today i made a bios update from 1.49 to 1.51 on my laptop, everything went fine and update finished. After that when pc turns on, its just a black screen. Cant even boot to bios. How to solve this.

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    BIOS firmware would not cause Win10 to boot slowly. Win10 would cause Win10 to boot slowly. What Win10 version was on the machine? And there  is a CMOS coin cell battery on the mainboard bottom. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    In fact, I think bios changelogs should better explain what will be updated. What happens, however, is that manufacturers often don't clearly state what each bios upgrade will do on laptops.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• JackE
    Press the FN+F6 toggle key combination to try to turn the screen on. If no joy, try to HDMI out to a TV screen. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaqib_khan
    JackE said:
    Press the FN+F6 toggle key combination to try to turn the screen on. If no joy, try to HDMI out to a TV screen. Jack E/NJ
    Didn't worked. Screen backlight is on, just no output on screen.
  • Have you checked if resetting the battery solves the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2020
    Wrong thread! Sorry! Reset the battery:
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Shaqib_khan>>>Cant even boot to bios>>>

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaqib_khan
    Have you checked if resetting the battery solves the problem?
    Using the pin-hole on the back of pc? Yes tried that, no use
  • Shaqib_khan
    JackE said:

Jack E/NJ

Screen is just black with backlight on, fans, cd drive and ports are working.
  • JackE
    >>>Today i made a bios update from 1.49 to 1.51 >>>

What problem were you trying to fix with this update? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaqib_khan
    JackE said:
    >>>Today i made a bios update from 1.49 to 1.51 >>>

What problem were you trying to fix with this update? Jack E/NJ
    Performance degradation, more specifically time to boot was extremely slow (around 10min).
    Can i flash back old one just to check if it works?
  • JackE
    Without a screen we must rely on the FN+ESC cold boot method which is often unsuccessful. Before trying to flash bac, have you tried to HDMI out to a TV screen yet? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaqib_khan
    JackE said:
    Without a screen we must rely on the FN+ESC cold boot method which is often unsuccessful. Before trying to flash bac, have you tried to HDMI out to a TV screen yet? Jack E/NJ
    Don't have a HDMI cable. Whats the actual process using FN+ESC method? 
  • Shaqib_khan
    The screen is just like this?
  • Shaqib_khan
    JackE said:
    Just checked hdmi also, no output to tv.
  • Shaqib_khan
    edited January 2020
    The issue is bit weird here, i removed battery and it all works fine without battery. After battery is removed, it boots and runs fine. As soon as battery is plugged in, same issue arises. And battery was fine also before bios update. Does battery needs to be replaced?
  • Since the notebook works correctly without the lition battery, enter the bios and press f9 to restore and then f10 to save exit. This will fix some bugs. Then test the battery again.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Do as @egydiocoelho says and report back with results. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaqib_khan
    JackE said:

Jack E/NJ

• Shaqib_khan
    JackE said:

Jack E/NJ

• Shaqib_khan
    Since the notebook works correctly without the lition battery, enter the bios and press f9 to restore and then f10 to save exit. This will fix some bugs. Then test the battery again.
    JackE said:
    Do as @egydiocoelho says and report back with results. Jack E/NJ
    Didn't worked, after putting battery in the pc wont boot. Stuck in same screen taking no input.
  • JackE
    Likely an adverse side effect of the BIOS v1.51 update. Were you originally trying to fix another problem with BIOS v1.49 by installing v1.51? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ