Nitro 5 an515-54 - Problem with second SSD

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I already showed you here, how to change to rst with optane mode, see:
    OK! Press windows + r and type msconfig. Go to boot and enable secure boot. Then change the sata mode in bios to rst with optane and press f10 to save and exit and for windows to install the correct driver.
    You can now disable the login password, like this:

That way, if there is a problem with the keyboard, you won't need the password!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Fastszla
    Fastszla Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Hey!
    I think, now i just have to change from ahci to rst mode but i dont know how. Someone can tell me?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi @Fastszla
    Go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab, click AHCI in SATA Mode, select RST Premium with Optane.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Before you change bios, enable secure boot:

Then do what colleague @brummyfan2 said:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Fastszla
    Fastszla Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, i know. I did it but system can't boot with RST mode.
    Now i just have to change from AHCI to RST, that's it. How to do it? When i do it with Your instructions it won't boot.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks for answers!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the error that is appearing? Have you tried disconnecting the other ssd and the other hdd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KuysJay
    KuysJay Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Fastszla said:
    Hello!
    My laptop is Nitro 5 an515-54
    I have bought XPG SX8200 Pro (M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4) and i have a problem with installing system on it.
    I created bootable pendrive with win10 image, but... I have to set AHCI sata mode, then system is installing properly, the problem is when i inserting older (stock) ssd into a slot, then system can't boot. I think it's problem with this AHCI

Any sugesstions what to do? I have pendrive 64gb and external hdd right now. Im thinking about cloning system from older ssd and installing it on newer but... Third day of trying to install bloody system.

I have solved it by formatting the ssd by diskpart and erase all partion then install easeus todo backup recovery tool and try to clone your hdd then when it's processing stop it or cancel when it was on 50% then go to you bios look if there are two windows manager, then change rst  to hci and go to security and disable your hdd drive or hdd2, don't worry if the ssd didn't show up on information tab just do a clean install on it and after it finish try to enable your hdd and choose the ssd with windows manager