X223w Monitor Turning Black

DerpHaven
DerpHaven Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives
I recently obtained an X223w monitor from my dad, along with the power cord and a VGA cable. I had to get an HDMI converter for my laptop, but once I set it all up, it worked fine. After fiddling with the settings for a bit and trying a couple games, I restarted my computer to fix some slow webpage loading times, leaving the monitor on and plugged in. This, apparently, was a bad decision, as now the monitor won't display anything. I've tried turning it off and back on, unplugging it from both power and my computer, and every time the same thing happens: it displays what it should for about two seconds, then turns black, as if it were turned off. Even when it isn't plugged into the computer, the problem persists. I'll restart it, it'll display the Acer logo fading in, then black, then it'll say "No signal" for a couple seconds, then black again. When it is plugged in, my computer still recognizes it's there, I can interact with what would be on that monitor, but it won't display anything except for those two seconds after reconnecting it.

Answers

• Emanuele2808
    Emanuele2808 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I have the same problem with mine.
    how did you solve it?
    many thanks