Hallo, how have you solved your issue, please? I have also NTB Acer Aspire V7-582G.

System
System Member Posts: 4,513 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: Aspire V7-582PG problems in Windows 10.

Answers

• Cmelak88
    Cmelak88 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hallo, how have you solved your issue, please? I have also NTB Acer Aspire V7-582G. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 and I have the same problem, as you wrote. After start of NTB only black screen. Temporary solution for it was to disable VGA INTEL graphic card, but after this disabling HDMI port is not working, so I am not able to connet my NTB to external monitor through HDMI. I will appreciate any help/ your recomendation :) Thank you in advance Michal 
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    @Cmelak88

Intel never released a new Intel Management Engine Interface driver for Haswell-ULT and Windows 10.  A lot of people installed the Windows 8.1 Intel ME driver to solve the black screen problem, sleep hang problem, shutdown hang problem.  Other people went back to Windows 8.1.

The reason the OP had black screen problems is because he clean installed Windows 10.  If he would have let Windows automatically upgrade, it would have kept his old Windows 8.1 Intel ME driver during the upgrade process.  But because he did a clean install, the Microsoft servers gave him the wrong Intel ME driver (because there wasn't an Intel ME driver for Haswell-ULT and Windows 10).

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/377288/aspire-v7-582pg-wont-shut-completely-down

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • C08R4
    C08R4 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Cmelak88 said:
    Hallo, how have you solved your issue, please? I have also NTB Acer Aspire V7-582G. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 and I have the same problem, as you wrote. After start of NTB only black screen. Temporary solution for it was to disable VGA INTEL graphic card, but after this disabling HDMI port is not working, so I am not able to connet my NTB to external monitor through HDMI. I will appreciate any help/ your recomendation :) Thank you in advance Michal 
    intel management engine driver is problem. You need version 11.7.0.1045 Intel Management engine driver. That solved my shutdown problem
  • Cmelak88
    Hi, I have installed version 11.7.0.1045 Intel Management engine driver, but my problem is not solved yet. After restart the black screen is displayed, therefore only one solution is to forbid INTEL HD Graphic card. Then the PC is OK, but without HDMI port, so I cannot to displey my screen to bigger monitor. Is there any other help, please?
  • Cmelak88
    I have also installed Windows 8.1, but without positive effect :(
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Cmelak88 said:
    Hi, I have installed version 11.7.0.1045 Intel Management engine driver, but my problem is not solved yet. After restart the black screen is displayed, therefore only one solution is to forbid INTEL HD Graphic card. Then the PC is OK, but without HDMI port, so I cannot to displey my screen to bigger monitor. Is there any other help, please?

Go to the Nvidia Control Panel and under 3D Settings/Global make sure the Nvidia card is selected as preferred then try again

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Cmelak88
    HDMI port is related with INTEL HD Graphic card, therefore it is not running. When I try to connect external monitor through HDMI, black screen is changed to strange one - see attached photo. It is not problem of NVidia card :(
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    @Cmelak88

Thanks for posting a photo.  Based on the photo that you posted, I can tell you that your problem is completely unrelated to the topic that you referenced.  You should start a new topic.
    I'm not an Acer employee.