Acer Nitro AN515-42 - How do I turbo boost my CPU?

Options
PanPan
PanPan Member Posts: 17 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
So I've got a Acer Nitro AN515-42 with a AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, the CPU base block speed is 2.2Ghz and I want to make it to 3.8Ghz (which is the max). Is there a possible way to make it happen?

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,116 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Power options, right click battery icon in Taskbar, if you are in Balanced plan, switch to High Performance plan, if it's not available, create a new Power plan.

• PanPan
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Power options, right click battery icon in Taskbar, if you are in Balanced plan, switch to High Performance plan, if it's not available, create a new Power plan.

Which one gives the most performance high performance or Ultra performance?
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    I haven't got Ultra Performance, so you have to switch to High Performance and check the speed in Task Manager, then do the same for Ultra performance and choose the one you like.

• PanPan
    Options
    Hi,
    I haven't got Ultra Performance, so you have to switch to High Performance and check the speed in Task Manager, then do the same for Ultra performance and choose the one you like.

huh.. both power plans have identical clock speeds. But I'm still getting 1.48 - 1.49ghz which is lower than the base clock speed (2.20ghz).
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Power options, Advanced Power Options, see whether you could change Maximum Processor state to 100% for Battery and Plugged in.

• PanPan
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Power options, Advanced Power Options, see whether you could change Maximum Processor state to 100% for Battery and Plugged in.

Thank you for your time in helping me. I've decided to factory reset my laptop and somehow my clock speed was at 2.50Ghz +.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    You are welcome glad you got it sorted  :)
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    It will only boost to 3.8ghz when running a program or game that needs more than your base speed, you cannot boost the base speed to 3.8 as the default

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★