Acer Power Button Disable - Nitro 5 AN515-54-52H2

Options
NikPalPro
NikPalPro Member Posts: 36 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited May 2021 in Nitro Gaming
I am fully fed up of the Acer Power Button Software,doesn't let me turn of quickly, the default option is sleep (which kills battery like a joke on my laptop).
Is there any way to just disable Acer Power Button instead of the whole Quick Access Menu? The QuickAccess helps me figure out if I have CapsLock/NumLock on.
I would appreciate it if Acer Power  Button, in a coming Update, allows us to change default to Hibernate/Power Off.
Device - Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-52H2 on latest Windows Update

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please post the snip of your Quick Access menu, I couldn't find Acer Power button in mine.

• NikPalPro
    Options
    @brummyfan2 Here is mine
    You might be having one of those devices with a dedicated Power Button at the Top of the Keyboard or somewhere else like the side.
    Mine has one integrated in the Keyboard, so I have this. Maybe.
    Which device do you operate?

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi @NikPalPro
    Yes, that's correct your model is recent and mine(G9-793) doesn't have this feature, so wait for someone with the same model to reply, in the meantime, I'll try looking for an answer.
  • Pakachele
    Pakachele Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I faced the same problem, from what I could find there are 2 ways:

1. Under the Quick Access --> Power Button Settings...

When I ticked on the checkbox, it allowed me to Shut Down. But if I just click the Power button it isn't working, instead I have to hold the Power button for 3 seconds, then it is shutting down.

2. There is also another way (I HAVEN'T TRIED, SO TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK):

Just uninstall the Quick Access from Control Panel and let Windows feature take over.
    It's just an assumption, anyone who has tried uninstalling can comment.  :)
  • NikPalPro
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Pakachele said:
    Just uninstall the Quick Access from Control Panel and let Windows feature take over.
    It's just an assumption, anyone who has tried uninstalling can comment.  :)
    I actually did that. Windows (thankfully) takes over the Power Management, but sadly it still takes that 3s hold before actually turning off. 
    I think that the 3s are more as a safety measure so we don't accidentally turn off the laptop, considering that it is a regular key on our keyboard.

It is also easy to re-install Acer Quick Access from the Acer Website.
  • Pakachele
    Pakachele Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Yes, your thinking for the 3s hold as a safety measure seems quite logical.
  • Ishu01
    Ishu01 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have acer aspire 7 . I face a problem today that when i power on a screen after 4-5 min of working my laptop show Acer power button pop up menu  Nd automatically shutdown the laptop. 
    So anyone can help me please why this is happening with me . 
  • NikPalPro
    Options
    Ishu01 said:
    I have acer aspire 7 . I face a problem today that when i power on a screen after 4-5 min of working my laptop show Acer power button pop up menu  Nd automatically shutdown the laptop. 
    So anyone can help me please why this is happening with me . 
    I think it is because something is stuck under your key and is activating the Power Key. I would suggest you to take a brush (preferably new, hard bristles) and clean the Power Key from the underside, removing any stuck dust particles
  • Kulvir3342
    Kulvir3342 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hey friend please help me I am facing the same issue, please tell me how u solved it