Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Predator G6-710 RAM Upgrade

HueylewieHueylewie Posts: 5Member New User
For work reasons I need to upgrade my RAM from 16Gb to 32Gb. Currently my desktop has the following memory installed:

(x2) Samsung DDR4-2133 8GB/512Mx8 CL15 Desktop Memory M378A1G43DB0-CPBRFB

I did some research online and found that the following memory modules are compatible with my motherboard:

Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) DR x8 DIMM 288-Pin Memory - CT2K8G4DFD824A

Should I be able to install the new Crucial kit in the empty slots without it having any compatibility or performance issues with the existing Samsung kit?

I live in Puerto Rico and the sellers I found for the Samsung kit won't ship it here, plus they are overpriced.

I have tried to find more specs on these memory kits such as frequency online, but haven't had much luck.

Thanks for the help!

Best Answer

• laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 8,342 Trailblazer
    edited January 10 Accepted Answer
    Hello,
    I didn't find this Crucial memory module on their website. Could you check again the part number?
    I would suggest you those ones. The new modules will work at 2133 MHz.
    France

FAQ & Answers

• laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 8,342ACE Trailblazer
    edited January 10 Accepted Answer
    Hello,
    I didn't find this Crucial memory module on their website. Could you check again the part number?
    I would suggest you those ones. The new modules will work at 2133 MHz.
    France
  • HueylewieHueylewie Posts: 5Member New User
    Thank you so much for the help! Just installed the new modules yesterday (shipping took awhile...) and they work beautifully. Turns out the Crucial module model I mentioned was an older model. With your help I was able to get the current model, thanks for the link!