Aspire 7 A715-72G SATA not connected

i_love_tazzus
i_love_tazzus Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Just installed a new M.2 SSD. Forgot to take off the SATA drive first, and now it's disconnected from the motherboard. How on Earth do I reconnect that? Looked at a few photo diagrams, and it's confusing.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    The HDD cable connector is under the black FFC cable(USB board) marked with red rectangle, remove the USB board cable from motherboard, then the HDD cable connector will be visible.

• i_love_tazzus
    I'll give this a try! Thanks for locating the port for me. :)
  • i_love_tazzus
    The SATA drive booted up after reconnecting. Thanks again!
  • Bigbonhomme
    Bigbonhomme Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have same problem ..I located the connector but I can not connect it ..I looked at your illustration .. I still can not connect it any special trick ..?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    Hi,
    It's always start a new thread so that many members will be reading your post, however, please post any pictures and model of your laptop in a new thread by clicking Ask a Question, you have to lift the white plastic lock and insert the cable, close the white tab to secure the cable, in the mean time I'll check for any videos, if I come across a suitable video, I will post.
  • Although colleague brummyfan2 has already shared some photos, I will put some photos with the text:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)