Predator Helios 300 (2019) Not Recognizing headset

Options
ArielS
ArielS Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2020 in Predator Laptops
Hello, I recently purchased the Predator Helios 300 (2019), and have been trying to connect my Razer Kraken Pro V2 headphones to it. Every time I do, a notification pops up at the bottom of the screen, asking me for what device I connected. I then select headset, but neither my headphones nor my microphone connected to the headphones appears when I check in sound Control Panel, although I can hear using the headphones, I cannot speak using the mic. I have tried re-installing the audio drivers and updating them, but nothing works :-1: . Please inform me on how to fix this.
Thank you in advance,

Edited the content to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked to see if there is an option that selects the headset in the realtek audio console program?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ArielS
    Options
    Unfortunately, Realtek Audio Console does not seem to be working for me.
  • BigBeans
    BigBeans Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    i had the same problem a few weeks ago, but i forgot how i fixed it, mustve been uninstalling the driver and restarting the pc, that fixed it for me , your mileage may vary though
  • DanT8
    DanT8 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Having the same issue. I've scoured the internet for any answer and nothing seems to work.
    Helios 300 Predator notebook
    Using Sennhieser Game One Zero Headset (which does work on other devices). This is a plug and play headset, there is no driver for these.
    This laptop only has one earphone jack, so using that, I can hear audio thru the headset perfectly fine. However nothing identifies that a headset was even plugged in. In the Sound devices panel, "Speaker" is what I test. Testing this same device will chime audio on the computer itself with no headset plugged in, or in the headset with it plugged in.
    In the audio devices panel, I have checked the boxes to be able to see any disabled or disconnected devices. 
    HD Audio Manager does not indicate any device. It will ask me what type of device I plugged in, and I indicate "headset" each time, but nothing changes on the device panel or HD Audio Manager.
    I have checked drivers, at first nothing stated that it needed updating. I uninstalled Realtek, restarted, let it redownload, nothing changed.
    I did a hard power off with the power button, checked for driver updates again, finally got Realtek to update. But even afterwards, same issue persisted.

I have checked that my microphone privacy settings allow anything that needs access to have it. I would really like a fix for this, seems like people have been having this same issue since 2016 or earlier
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    Options
    The issue here seems to be that most headsets that use only the headphones jack to connect the mic wont get properly detected by win10 somehow but all the others either via usb/bluetooth seem to be working fine in most cases

DanT8 and yes normally all laptops (also including some older) only have one headphone jack and nothing else and they all have a built in mic so the extra external mic jack was removed and im not sure to which point the headphone jack would recognize both when an headset is plugged but its definitely weird for ex on my 7745G and all my 5740G i have both inputs available but were talking about laptops from 10/15 years ago :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• ArielS
    Options
    So you guys are saying no solution? I have a USB headphones adapter but I would rather not use it if possible.
  • MrDingDong
    MrDingDong Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    did anyone work it out yet? I am having this problem since months and i dont want to use 3.5 mm to usb c connector on my 100 dollars headphones. Someone please help me out.