Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 turns off while gaming

Options

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You have already tried to switch to the driver game ready version.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Baliwna
    Baliwna Member Posts: 51 Troubleshooter
    Options
    You have already tried to switch to the driver game ready version.
    Yes, multiple version, seems that the drivers arent the problem here, might be hardware issue? I dunno. 
    Also, disabling turbo did nothing, still crashed although my temps where reasonable at 85 degrees
  • Baliwna
    Options
    My system temperature at idle is about 77-80 degrees and probably reaching 90+ while gaming, is that safe? I installed the blue rpedator sense and it had that system temperature monitor and found that, maybe my entire system is heating up too much?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I consider it a high temperature. However, I don't think it's the cause of the shutdowns. Have you tried putting the battery to high performance too? The power adapter may not be able to provide enough power.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Baliwna
    Options
    I consider it a high temperature. However, I don't think it's the cause of the shutdowns. Have you tried putting the battery to high performance too? The power adapter may not be able to provide enough power.
    Now that you mentioned it, I just realized that it just setted itself back to balanced power mode, I'm goign to set it to high performance and do some testing
  • Baliwna
    Options
    Baliwna said:
    Now that you mentioned it, I just realized that it just setted itself back to balanced power mode, I'm goign to set it to high performance and do some testing
    well it seems to work somewhat although I've only had 2 games so far in siege, CPU temps never reached any higher than 85 degrees but my gpu temps were pretty high still at almost 90 degrees but it didnt crash, I'm going to test it more later once I'm free and see if it's a fluke or not
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Continue testing and posting the result.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    OK! Continue testing and posting the result.
    I was playing 2k20 yesterday and it suddenly spiked to 90+ degrees on both cpu and gpu, just out of nowhere it spiked then shortly after crashing (and also corrupted my save file :( sadly) But after restarting my laptop letting it cool down and game again, temps were even lower barely reaching 80 on cpu and about 85 degrees on gpu and no crashes, but that was on 2k20, I'm gonna try again and play r6 siege to see if it really doesnt crash. One thing though, my battery option keeps setting itself on balanced everytime I restart. How do i fix that
  • Baliwna
    Options

These were my temps while playing siege, it's definitely better than before, and laptop never crashed at all. Gonna test this for a few more days before concluding that it's fixed, thanks for the help though! Will update if anything bad happens.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! About the fact that the battery is automatically going into balanced mode, try creating a custom power plan.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    OK! About the fact that the battery is automatically going into balanced mode, try creating a custom power plan.
    Tested on the witcher 3, temps reached higher than usual, it reached 87 degrees at times but mostly 80-85 but it still crashed. After booting up my laptop again, it just shut down at the login menu
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I will ask for help from colleagues @ Red-Sand, @JackE, @xapim and @billsey. However, I still think that your computer is not reaching the temperature that would force the system to shut down. I also suggest that you check these two versions of the bios:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    I will ask for help from colleagues @ Red-Sand, @JackE, @xapim and @billsey. However, I still think that your computer is not reaching the temperature that would force the system to shut down. I also suggest that you check these two versions of the bios:

should I update my bios? When I checked it said that my bios' version is 1.19, but the date is different, from system information it said that my bios is version 1.19, 13/07/2018, but the version on the acer website says its on 30/07/2018. And also, how do I update my bios? Thanks!

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Run the setup just like any other program. Just make sure that the PC is plugged in throughout the process. BIOS shouldn't/can't be flashed on battery, or it might cause corruption.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Baliwna
    Options
    XdxD said:
    Run the setup just like any other program. Just make sure that the PC is plugged in throughout the process. BIOS shouldn't/can't be flashed on battery, or it might cause corruption.
    What version should I use? It says mine is 1.19 but the date is wrong
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Baliwna said:
    XdxD said:
    What version should I use? It says mine is 1.19 but the date is wrong
    Let @egydiocoelho answer that for you. I always prefer the latest one since it has new unknown fixes.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, always download the latest version. However, it is necessary to take some precautions:
    a) leave the battery 100% charged;
    b) plug the power adapter;
    c) disconnect the peripherals from the USB ports;
    d) uninstall antivirus like norton;
    e) disable wireless as a precaution.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    Yes, always download the latest version. However, it is necessary to take some precautions:
    a) leave the battery 100% charged;
    b) plug the power adapter;
    c) disconnect the peripherals from the USB ports;
    d) uninstall antivirus like norton;
    e) disable wireless as a precaution.
    Ok thanks! Im going to install version 1.26 later then and see if anything changes
  • Baliwna
    Options
    XdxD said:
    Baliwna said:
    Sadly there's nothing game-related that might help there and mostly desktop pc related stuff, laptop still crashes at about 88-90 degrees, repasted already, even done some undervolting nothing works so far
    If you have it still under warranty, get it checked by Acer Service Center.
    Its no longer under warranty
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Baliwna 87 max its not enough to cause a crash (it wouldnt had reached your cpu Tj - Temperature Junction Maximum) in fact its probably acceptable in most cases so your crashes are caused by something else :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/