Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 turns off while gaming

Options

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Baliwna
    Baliwna Member Posts: 51 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Yes I updated using the intel updater on their website
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! But did the problem occur when you had windows and games installed on the HARD DISK? What is the version of the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Baliwna
    Options
    OK! But did the problem occur when you had windows and games installed on the HARD DISK? What is the version of the bios?
     Issue appeared after installing windows on the ssd, dont know what bios version I jave where do I check? Also I havent updated the bios its stock version still same version when i bought it
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can check the version of the bios by typing "system information" in the cortana. However, I think it is not a problem in the bios or in the hardware. Do you have how to install windows and games on the HARD DISK again? That way, we could rule out a computer problem

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    You can check the version of the bios by typing "system information" in the cortana. However, I think it is not a problem in the bios or in the hardware. Do you have how to install windows and games on the HARD DISK again? That way, we could rule out a computer problem
    I will try that but one more thing, like last night, its not crashing again im playing right now and have been for about 2 hours now and no crashes, its really inconsistent
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Ok! Post the result here. Maybe the ssd is overheating?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    Ok! Post the result here. Maybe the ssd is overheating?
    Dunno havent really checked my ssd's temps, how do i properly monitor them like while gaming? I can use afterburner for cpunand gpu but how do I do it for the ssd? Anyways thanks for the help!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can check with crystaldiskinfo or even with the intel program itself. 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    You can check with crystaldiskinfo or even with the intel program itself. 
    I've been gaming awhile trying to see what causes the crashes, I noticed that my laptop only crashes with R6 Siege for now, I tested 3 games (NBA 2k20, Witcher 3, R6 Siege) and it only crashes for r6 siege, temps are a bit higher with r6 siege reaching a max of 88 to both cpu and gpu compared to the other two games where their max is about 83 degrees, sooo maybe it's still crashing due to overheating? But before reinstalling windows even when I reached 90+ degrees the laptop wouldnt crash at all
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This user had a similar problem and with the same game, see: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3v60xm/rainbow_six_siege_turning_off_my_computer/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    Sadly there's nothing game-related that might help there and mostly desktop pc related stuff, laptop still crashes at about 88-90 degrees, repasted already, even done some undervolting nothing works so far
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Baliwna said:
    Sadly there's nothing game-related that might help there and mostly desktop pc related stuff, laptop still crashes at about 88-90 degrees, repasted already, even done some undervolting nothing works so far
    If you have it still under warranty, get it checked by Acer Service Center.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    But it's weird that the computer just turned off that game. If it was a hardware problem, I think it should happen in other games as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    But it's weird that the computer just turned off that game. If it was a hardware problem, I think it should happen in other games as well.
    Can confirm, it's the only game it crashes on, tried playing modern warfare 2019, temps are actually better at around 80-85 on medium settings despite being a much more demanding game, didnt crash my laptop too. It's just rainbow six siege and sadly thats the game that I play the most, for some reason it runs really hot on my laptop and crashes it despite setting almost all of the settings on low, r6 siege is the only game it crashes on
  • Baliwna
    Options
    I've manage to bring my temps down even lower, now runs r6 siege at less than 85 degrees, the max it would get is 86 degrees, it wont get higher than that, but still it crashes my laptop. Other games run at the same temps,g ames like witcher 3, Modern Warfare, NBA 2K20, destiny 2 but it only crashes on r6 and its due to overheating
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked if there are any patch patches for this game?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    Have you checked if there are any patch patches for this game?
    It had multiple patches since the problem occured, I dont think its the game, I think it's my laptop, something's gone awry, maybe somethign else is overheating? IDK but is it possible that my ssd overheats to the point that my laptop just straight up shuts down? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What version of the nvidia driver are you using? Does the problem occur with older versions?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    What version of the nvidia driver are you using? Does the problem occur with older versions?
    I was using 441.81, i switched back to 441.66 as thats the one I was using prior to reinstalling windows, changing drivers didnt help, still crashes. I've resorted to disabling turbo and that seems to help, I'm gonna do some more testing to see if disabling turbo really does help. If so, then I'm goign to have to disable turbo when playing r6 siege