Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 turns off while gaming

Options

Answers

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    So youre still on high temps while gaming correct ? if so must be something to do either with the repasting itself or the heatsink seating 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Baliwna
    Baliwna Member Posts: 51 Troubleshooter
    Options
    stil crashes, but it did last longer than previously, temps never reach 90 degrees but still crashes, cpu temps between 85-89, gpu temps always below 85 degrees, checked reliability history, these were the past 3 results:

#1 1/17/20
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    Code: 1a
    Parameter 1: 41790
    Parameter 2: ffff918007203930
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 1
    OS version: 10_0_18362
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.100
    Locale ID: 2057

#2 1/17/20
    Code: 1e
    Parameter 1: ffffffffc0000005
    Parameter 2: fffff804216e6af3
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 10

#3 1/16/20
    Code: 1a
    Parameter 1: 41202
    Parameter 2: ffffef80eb95f100
    Parameter 3: 400
    Parameter 4: ffffb28f97313f80

• Baliwna
    Options
    I also have an external monitor, I use it for gaming its plugged in to the laptop while the lid is closed so there's only 1 active display, maybe that would help identifying the problem, anyways hope someone can help me, it seems like I havent made any progress at all
  • Baliwna
    Options
    xapim said:
    So youre still on high temps while gaming correct ? if so must be something to do either with the repasting itself or the heatsink seating 
    Yes, I'm going to try repasting again but I'm sure I did it properly this time though, I used hotel hero's tutorial for it, I'm gonna try that again
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I have already verified a similar situation with a user from the Portuguese community. What happens when you uninstall the ac adapter and battery drivers in device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Baliwna
    Options
    I have already verified a similar situation with a user from the Portuguese community. What happens when you uninstall the ac adapter and battery drivers in device manager?
    I did that before i repasted nothing happened, gonna try that too after repasting
  • Baliwna
    Options
    On my third repaste it finally fixed my temps, idles at 45-50 degrees, games at 80-85 degrees, BUT IT STILL CRASHES! I dont know what the problem is now, at first I thought it was shutting down due to overheating, now its not even overheating and it still crashes like what could be the problem now?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Maybe some problematic driver?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Baliwna
    Options
    Maybe some problematic driver?
    I've tried uninstalling both adapters and batteries and it still crashes, don;t know what the cause of these crashes are, I've used multiple drivers for my gpu all of them ends the same crashing after gaming for a while
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked the error code in the event viewer?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    Have you checked the error code in the event viewer?
    what do i need to do in event viewer? what should i look for
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check the error code that appears on the system tab as soon as the notebook shuts down.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Ill try tog et mymsot recent one
  • Baliwna
    Options
    Check the error code that appears on the system tab as soon as the notebook shuts down.

Log Name:      System
    Source:        EventLog
    Date:          17/01/2020 11:24:58 PM
    Event ID:      6008
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      DESKTOP-V1N14D5
    Description:
    The previous system shutdown at 10:54:19 pm on ‎17/‎01/‎2020 was unexpected.
    Event Xml:
      <System>
        <Provider Name="EventLog" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="32768">6008</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-01-17T15:24:58.690225400Z" />
        <EventRecordID>12692</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>System</Channel>
        <Computer>DESKTOP-V1N14D5</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>10:54:19 pm</Data>
        <Data>‎17/‎01/‎2020</Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>11</Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Binary>E407010005001100160036001300B902E4070100050011000E0036001300B9023C0000003C000000000000000000000000000000000000000100000000000000</Binary>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

This was my most recent crash
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you send this log to any user in the microsoft community so they can interpret it? It would be interesting to know if the notebook also shuts down when you play using only the battery.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    Can you send this log to any user in the microsoft community so they can interpret it? It would be interesting to know if the notebook also shuts down when you play using only the battery.
    I'll try it thanks for the advice. Also what do you mean by using only the battery? I've been playing with the laptop plugged in. Also, whiel trying to get another log or error message like the one I posted so I could get a more recent one, the laptop didn't crash while playing R6 Siege for like 5 straight games, when usually it would crash halfway through the first game, it's really weird
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If the notebook crashes in any game using only battery power.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    Still crashes for me damnit, dunno what to do anymore please help
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You said here, that the problem started when you installed ssd and installed windows and games on ssd "Before I reinstalled windows, I tested both ssd and ram to see if theres any stability issues, ram worked fine since I installed it 2 weeks ago, got my ssd just 3 days ago, installed some games on it and it worked fine as well, but as soon as I went on and formatted my laptop and installed windows 10 on my ssd, problems started occuring, the main one being that my laptop shuts off while gamin ", correct? Have you tried just updating the ssd firmware? Since, before installing the ssd, the computer functioned correctly. Also, what is the version of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baliwna
    Options
    You said here, that the problem started when you installed ssd and installed windows and games on ssd "Before I reinstalled windows, I tested both ssd and ram to see if theres any stability issues, ram worked fine since I installed it 2 weeks ago, got my ssd just 3 days ago, installed some games on it and it worked fine as well, but as soon as I went on and formatted my laptop and installed windows 10 on my ssd, problems started occuring, the main one being that my laptop shuts off while gamin ", correct? Have you tried just updating the ssd firmware? Since, before installing the ssd, the computer functioned correctly. Also, what is the version of the bios?
    I have updated the ssd firmware, for the bios have no idea where do I chexk that, I havent updated my bios at all since getting it back in 2018