Travelmate Windows 7 to 10 upgrade: how to make function keys work?

Options
paut
paut Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I gave my old Travelmate 7740 an upgrade from Windfows 7 (x32) to Windows 10 (x64). It was a 'clean install'.  Everytthing seems to be working, except the funtion keys, e.g. to turn off Wi-Fi, toggle to an external display, set display brightess and control media volume etcetera. Where can I find a driver for these keys that is compatible with Windows 10 (x64)?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you installed the acer quick access program? Is there a function called function key behavior in bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    IIRC there is a Fn at bottom left on your keyboard. Press and hold it like you would a shift, Ctrl or Alt key and hit the function key. That should change the behavior from the function key to the alternate. No extra driver needed, I believe. You may have a Fn lock on there somewhere that lets you toggle the default from function keys to Fn keys.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • paut
    paut Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Have you installed the acer quick access program? Is there a function called function key behavior in bios?
    No, I haven't installed the Acer quick access program, but I will revert to Windows 7 with the Factory Disks, and stop trying to install Windows 10.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you check billsey's suggestion?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)