Easystore Software

TheMatrix
TheMatrix Member Posts: 5 New User
Hello I have an Aspire Easystore and I require the Easysearch original software this came with if anyone has a copy they could provide please

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Which Easystore model do you have? We might be able to request it from Acer, since I don't see it on the support pages I tried.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TheMatrix
    Hi Billsey I have the 340 with WIFI antenna b and g. I have spoken with Acer and they have advised me that they have lost the software from their end however have the software for other Easy stores that have been made. I have now found the software however I require to reset the easystore now to factory settings so I can log into the IP configuration and change the set up options internally. Would you know how to do this at all?
  • billsey
    They have the user manual online in the Acer support site. There's a section there on recovery but it's not completely clear to me if you need to recovery DVD or not. Try this:
    6 Recover or reset the home server:
    (1) Hold down the power button for 4 seconds to turn off the home server.
    (2) Press the power button to turn it on.
    (3) Turn the system around so that you have access to the back of the unit.
    (4) Insert the end of an unfolded paperclip into the opening, and then press and hold the recovery/reset button with the paperclip end.
    7 Click Next.
    8 Select the “Factory Reset: Use this option to restore factory defaults. All your data and settings will be erased” option button.
    9 Click Next and follow all onscreen instructions until you finish restore process.
    The Recovery/Reset button is toward the left side bottom on the back...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    BTW, a quick click on the button immediately after powering on should start a diagnostic...
  • TheMatrix
    Thanks again Billsey, however i managed to restore the unit without loosing my data (music) on there. I had trouble working out the password for a while however i finally found out it was admin LOL

I now am trying to connect the b/g wireless card in the unit to my NBN "N" gateway with optus, it seems to be connecting ok however once i remove the RJ45 Cat5e cable i am unable to access the NAS IP Configuration page on my network, however as soon as i plug it back in i can?

Would you know of a fix to this one at all?

Please advise

:-)

• billsey
    Sounds like it's not getting a lease on the wireless or it's getting a lease and you aren't accessing that address. When connected via Ethernet, can you remote desktop in?
  • LisaLDM
    LisaLDM Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi does anyone have a copy of the easysearch software for the easystore or able to point me in the right direction to obtain. Have the drive and have set up access levels online but unable to get the network computers to see the drive to save files to it. They see the easystore but clicking just takes them to the online Acer log-in for the easystore. Have searched Acer support to try to download the easysearch software but unable to find it. Any help greatly appreciated.
  • dhhorbms
    dhhorbms Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I'm new here at the forum, but I read about my problem here. I have an old H340, but i'm missing passwords and the original dvd with the software. Could someone please give me the possibility to download it? I read that ACER can't offer it, because they lost it.

Thanks in advance

• billsey

They didn't lose it per se, but purged that old stuff from inventory many years ago. One of the moderators posted a link to the software a few years ago though, and that seems to still be live.