Predator sense for Predator Helios 300 2018 PH315-51

Options
BouldozeR
BouldozeR Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited January 2020 in Predator Laptops
I was checking the support page of the Predator PH315-51 and to my surprise the software section had an updated predator sense on 31/12/2019. Now, I had been hoping for a while that acer would grace the older helios model with the new predator sense with mobile pairing, but after I downloaded this peculiar updated predator sense it turns out my model isn't supported. So I think it was mistakenly uploaded to this product support page
Here's the link

This needs to be corrected even though I thankfully have a copy of the latest compatible predator sense for my device safely stored, others who come looking for it will find an incompatible version.
One last thing, can you just add the phone pairing to older models? we are many and we all want it

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You are referring to version 3136, right? If so, go to the plugs folder and rename Predator PH315-52 and change to Predator PH315-51 and run the installation.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BouldozeR

Tinkerer

Options
    You are referring to version 3136, right? If so, go to the plugs folder and rename Predator PH315-52 and change to Predator PH315-51 and run the installation.

I am aware of the workaround, what I'm saying is this workaround is unofficial and thus the 3136 version shouldn't be on a predator helios 300 2018 support page, especially when 3136 took 3001 spot on the support page which is the latest officially supported sense software for PH315-51
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! I understood! But the tip I suggested will make the new version work on your notebook!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BouldozeR

Tinkerer

Options
    OK! I understood! But the tip I suggested will make the new version work on your notebook!

I tried it and it wasn't that stable, phone pairing kept disconnecting on its own and it felt heavier on my system than 3001
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does your phone use android or ios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Chell
    Chell Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    BouldozeR said:
    I was checking the support page of the Predator PH315-51 and to my surprise the software section had an updated predator sense on 31/12/2019. Now, I had been hoping for a while that acer would grace the older helios model with the new predator sense with mobile pairing, but after I downloaded this peculiar updated predator sense it turns out my model isn't supported. So I think it was mistakenly uploaded to this product support page
    Here's the link

This needs to be corrected even though I thankfully have a copy of the latest compatible predator sense for my device safely stored, others who come looking for it will find an incompatible version.
    One last thing, can you just add the phone pairing to older models? we are many and we all want it
    Same problem on PH317-52
  • VDXD
    VDXD Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Yes, it cant be installed, because there is no folder for our model  :/ I think they uploaded it by mistake. And now if i reinstall something i should search for an old installer in internet. Its risky. Acer please fix that.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It is not a risky procedure. I own the an515-51 model and installed this predator sense. it works perfectly.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BouldozeR

Tinkerer

Options
    Does your phone use android or ios?

Android
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you check if the same issue occurs on another android or ios phone?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    Options
    BouldozeR the new PS works just fine i have phone pairing on ios and android and it doesnt crash its probably your phone issue and i use it on a 4s plus a mate 20 pro and im talking about a G3-572 check here and its much better that the older red PS :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Chell said:
    BouldozeR said:
    Here's the link

Same problem on PH317-52
    VDXD said:
    Yes, it cant be installed, because there is no folder for our model  :/ I think they uploaded it by mistake. And now if i reinstall something i should search for an old installer in internet. Its risky. Acer please fix that.

I really cant understand what are you guys taking about ???? nothing is broken nothing needs to be fixed and the new PS from the H700 works fine on all models from G3-572 until the newer ones :)

Inside the Plugs folder just change the first folder name to your own model name its easy i dont see any issues here at all and as egydiocoelho stated above theres nothing risky about it its just a piece of software and it works just fine no need to make a storm about it :) as long as the full model name its correct in the bios it will always work but if the name its not correct in the bios has to be sent back to acer for them to fix it 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• BouldozeR

Tinkerer

Options
    xapim said:
    Chell said:
    BouldozeR said:
    Here's the link

Same problem on PH317-52
    VDXD said:

I really cant understand what are you guys taking about ???? nothing is broken nothing needs to be fixed and the new PS from the H700 works fine on all models from G3-572 until the newer ones :)

Inside the Plugs folder just change the first folder name to your own model name its easy i dont see any issues here at all and as egydiocoelho stated above theres nothing risky about it its just a piece of software and it works just fine no need to make a storm about it :) as long as the full model name its correct in the bios it will always work but if the name its not correct in the bios has to be sent back to acer for them to fix it 
    No one is making a storm, and we aren't wrong to point out that an unofficial workaround to make newer predator sense software to work on older models isn't a supported option and acer should upload to each model supported software only. If you want to try the workaround and I did it myself (it's easy) you can just download it from newer models support page, like PH315-52. It's just stating that each product should have compatible software only without any gimmicks or editing and that this version was clearly uploaded by mistake to older models, otherwise they can simply tweak out the options that aren't available in older models like rgb settings and lighting and such and make a perfectly compatible version, it should be simple as it works as it is with the workaround and it would be supported by acer completely.

• 420R3ality
    420R3ality Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    i run the newest predatorsense perfectly on my helios 300 (2018). the only 2 applications in it that dont work are the lighting, and the TrueHarmony. and that's due to my laptop not having the proper hardware. as for the mobile disconnecting, for me running the program as administrator fixed it. also make sure it isnt being blocked by any antivirus (i use Comodo Cleaning Essentials/ Antivirus)