HDD Removal for Acer Aspire Z3-705-ES61

Options
Tommya
Tommya Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi There,

My grandmother owns this AIO pc but is it painfully slow and I would like to help her upgrade it with an ssd.  I have some experience installing components but I was wondering if you had any detailed instructions on how to open this specific type of computer as I am a little intimidated. 

Thank you,
Tommya

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No need to get too intimidated, it's a bit more complex that opening a tower case, but not as bad as most laptops. There's a removable cover around where the stand attaches and you pop that off to get to the four screws that hold the stand in place. Once the stand is off there are three screws at the bottom that hold the case together. Remove them and the case should split to get the back cover off. From there it's pretty obvious. The HDD is on the left side adjacent to the ODD. Remember to back everything up before starting and expect to do a reinstall/restore when you're done and she should be happy with the performance. Note that the MB supports up to 16GB using two SODIMMs and you're most of the way there to upgrade memory at the same time. You can't do a processor upgrade though, it has a BGA chip soldered to the MB.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• leonardopsantos
    leonardopsantos Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I'd try Youtube.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No need to get too intimidated, it's a bit more complex that opening a tower case, but not as bad as most laptops. There's a removable cover around where the stand attaches and you pop that off to get to the four screws that hold the stand in place. Once the stand is off there are three screws at the bottom that hold the case together. Remove them and the case should split to get the back cover off. From there it's pretty obvious. The HDD is on the left side adjacent to the ODD. Remember to back everything up before starting and expect to do a reinstall/restore when you're done and she should be happy with the performance. Note that the MB supports up to 16GB using two SODIMMs and you're most of the way there to upgrade memory at the same time. You can't do a processor upgrade though, it has a BGA chip soldered to the MB.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think this video could help you too:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)