Backlit Keyboard Timeout Swift 5 (SF514-54GT)

folkieboater
folkieboater Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi All,

I'm trying to stop the backlit keyboard timing out on my Swift 5. I've tried the Bios fix that's here https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61998 but, whilst it updates the Bios, doesn't give me the necessary command.

It would be really handy as it will be used in dark environments a fair bit.

Thanks in advance...

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening folkieboater !

Some models have a Bios upgrade that lets you turn off the keyboard light time.
    But it is only functional connected to the power outlet.
    On the battery only is not possible.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• folkieboater
    Thanks for the reply. I've upgraded the Bios, but don't get the command to change the backlight. It will mainly be used on mains when it's in a dark environment. Hope this isn't one of those "features" beloved of all manufacturers - a backlight that goes off is a bot pointless to my mind.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    The feature is available in the BIOS.
    The light goes out on the battery for a simple matter ... the charge shortens the battery life.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Not all models have this function see:
    Resultado de imagem para backlit keyboard bios acer
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • folkieboater
    I don’t have that, so I guess I can’t do it. Shame it still times out on mains though. Kind of defeats the point of being a battery saving feature.
    I’ll just have to learn to live with it.