Nitro XV3 series VESA mount

Options
JamesButlin
JamesButlin Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives
The product is listed as having VESA support, and even comes with a mount in the box (though no screws?) and it looks like the mount would go in place of the stand.. But the manual doesn't mention anything at all about removing the stand.. And there are no obvious flaps, screws, rubber parts or anything else that seem to allow access to removing the stand. I've unscrewed two screws I've found and they haven't done anything. 

Anyone know how to remove this stand? And why the manual doesn't mention it?! Also I don't seem to be able to get tech support on a brand new monitor as it shows as 'out of warranty' on the site.. Huh?? 

Answers

• JamesButlin
    JamesButlin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Okay, I figured out how to remove the stand. For anyone else wondering, you need to lever off the two halves of the plastic panel behind the stand (where its attached to the monitor). 

However, it's worth noting that the provided stand is useless since the monitor doesn't come with any bolts, washers or nuts. It'll just slot in and fall off, there's no way to secure it using the attached mount so I've had to screw it straight into the back of the monitor. See attached pics..