My CPU temperatures usually reaches 200 degrees Fahrenheit while gaming, is this normal?

TheMarioBurrito
TheMarioBurrito Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a Acer Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop AMD Ryzen 5, and when I play games while its charging, it can reach 200 degrees Fahrenheit+. Is this normal? If not, what should I do?

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    No that is 93 deg C and is pushing the upper limit. Do you have the AN515-42 or AN515-43 model

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• TheMarioBurrito
    AN515-42  
  • andylb
    edited January 2020
    Follow my walkthough then report back please

The new AMD Adrenalin 2020 Control Center is designed to give support for your hardware and contains Mobile Driver support for this exact model, the Graphics Drivers on the Acer site are only base drivers. If you haven't already downloaded and installed it then click this link to download it.
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-3

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the main AC power while gaming. Make sure "High Performance when on AC", is selected in your Windows Power Plan and in Nitrosense. If you fail to do this your CPU will run at around 50% of capacity and you will experience poor game performance

Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your harddrive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab.
    Only in this way will your games use the Discrete Rx560x GPU, NEVER launch your game through a desktop shortcut or any other way, do it in the manner I have described.

Please remember that online gaming may experience low fps and stutter due to the games servers and bottlenecking and that has nothing to do with your GPU.

PLEASE CLICK YES IF I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, THANKYOU

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• TheMarioBurrito
    Im getting this message. Maybe I had the wrong model?
  • andylb
    No it's fine, you need to do a clean uninstall of the old AMD drivers using DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
    Then install the new package

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★