Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 touchpad not working

2»

Answers

• Ok! Post the result here!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • FyreBoyeYT
    FyreBoyeYT Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    actually i dont feel like doing it ever. any other tips?
    robut - Loving Acer User

• You may need to uninstall and delete the touchpad driver in Device Manager. However, I still think you should try reinstalling windows with the alt + f10 command.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • FyreBoyeYT
    is it the HID compilant touchpad or something else?
    robut - Loving Acer User

• You may need to uninstall the synaptics driver that is located on the "Human Interface Devices" tab. However, as you said this problem occurred after a windows upgrade, it would be interesting to use system restore.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    And in answer to the original question, the mouse should have no magnetics in it. There is a small mass of metal with the battery but it should not be interacting with the magnetic sensor that tells the system when the lid is closed. If it were what would most likely happen is the system would go to sleep when the magnetic field triggers the sensor, not just disable the touch pad.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FyreBoyeYT
    huh, many answers! though egydiocoelho, i dont have a synaptics driver cuz i don't use synaptics on my computer. Im pretty sure i use elantech. If so, i uninstall the elantech driver, right?
    robut - Loving Acer User

• FyreBoyeYT
     is it the elan12.... thing?

robut - Loving Acer User

• Colleague billsey is referring to this sensor type, see: https://www.murata.com/en-us/support/library/video/productvideo/sensorvideo05
    Regarding your question, I don't know which correct driver to uninstall, but maybe this is here:

However, as I told you before, the ideal is to restore windows.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FyreBoyeYT
    oK. so will it maybe fix the problem or no?
    robut - Loving Acer User

• If the problem with the touchpad occurred after updating windows, then restoring windows is very likely to correct the problem. You also reinstall windows like this: https://youtu.be/cpzLJRAZldA

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FyreBoyeYT
    i can't do it now, i have a project to do. im gonna do it on my free time.
    robut - Loving Acer User

• Ok my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FyreBoyeYT
    Answer ✓
    SOMEHOW IT WORKS AGAIN FOR NO REASON! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
    robut - Loving Acer User

• You're welcome! Maybe it was some windows bug.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FyreBoyeYT
    yeah, i hope so.

CASE CLOSED.

robut - Loving Acer User

• FyreBoyeYT
    wait after months i just realised i pressed Fn+F7 instead of F7 itself
    robut - Loving Acer User