I'm hoping you could help me with a problem I'm having with my Acer Predator XB3 model XB273K GPbmiipprzx. I can't get the monitor to run at 4k 144hz. I've tried setting it to 144hz via the Windows display settings and the Nvidia Control Panel. I've noticed two odd things:
- In the Nvidia Control Panel, 144hz is an option for any resolution under 2048 x1546; however, once click on 2048 x1546 or higher resolutions, the highest refresh rate available is 120hz (I am selecting resolutions from the "PC" resolutions)
- In the Windows display settings, it says the monitor is running at 119hz, and when I try to change it, the only option is 120hz -- but even when I change it to 120hz, it immediately reverts to 119hz
This is a brand new build running an MSI RTX 2080 Ti VENTUS GP. The monitor is hooked up using the display port cable provided by Acer. Here's what I've tried so far:
- Set the "4k-144hz mode" in the monitor settings to "on"
- Tried different display port cables
- Tried different display ports on both the GPU and monitor
- Installed the monitor drivers from Acer site
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!