Nitro 515-42 (AMD, Windows 10) Startup Problem

Juan23Juan23 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

At startup, the Acer logo appears, then a few seconds later, the screen goes black as the blue indicator light turns off, after 2-3 seconds turns on again and goes into "Preparing Automatic Repair" , "Diagnosing your PC" , displays "Windows did not load correctly . . ." etc.

Searched the internet, found and tried the following in the Recovery:

1. Startup Repair - Failed

2. System Restore - Successful, but at the end (restart) the problem is still there. Still can't get into windows. Sometimes it does get in to windows, but the problem is still there everytime I turn my laptop on (restart or after shutdown).

3. Restart Options (Safe Modes) - cannot get into any safe mode, problem is still there after choosing this option

4. Restart Options (CMD) - problem is still there

4. Reset (Keeping the files) - the same result as System Restore

There was one time, I never shut it down (or restart) for 5 days straight (just sleep) because I really needed it badly and I didn't have any other option.
Any idea on this is highly appreciated . . . :)

Best Answer

• Sathish2388Sathish2388 Member Posts: 84 Fixer
    Accepted Answer
    @Juan23.. Hi! 
    -> Get on to bios and tap f9 for load defaults then tap f10 for save and extit and check whether it's taking in to regular destop screen..
    -> If the above step didn't work then It seems like the operating system got corrupted since you tried All steps..the only option is you have to re-install windows 10 on your computer..
    For data Backup
    -> Go to advance - troubleshoot - advance - command prompt
    -> In command prompt type notepad and hit enter which willl open notepad on the screen then go to file - open then choose your user account and copy all files from your computer to flash drive or external hdd(Note: You can backup only files and you cannot backup any software applications)
    To re-install windows 10
    -> Download windows 10 media creation tool to flash drive(Sze: Minimum 8gb) from an alternate computer 
    -> Link to download windows 10 media creation tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
    -> Re-install windows 10 using a flash drive on non working computer..

FAQ & Answers

• Sathish2388Sathish2388 Member Posts: 84 Fixer
    Accepted Answer
    @Juan23.. Hi! 
    -> Get on to bios and tap f9 for load defaults then tap f10 for save and extit and check whether it's taking in to regular destop screen..
    -> If the above step didn't work then It seems like the operating system got corrupted since you tried All steps..the only option is you have to re-install windows 10 on your computer..
    For data Backup
    -> Go to advance - troubleshoot - advance - command prompt
    -> In command prompt type notepad and hit enter which willl open notepad on the screen then go to file - open then choose your user account and copy all files from your computer to flash drive or external hdd(Note: You can backup only files and you cannot backup any software applications)
    To re-install windows 10
    -> Download windows 10 media creation tool to flash drive(Sze: Minimum 8gb) from an alternate computer 
    -> Link to download windows 10 media creation tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
    -> Re-install windows 10 using a flash drive on non working computer..

• Juan23Juan23 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Thank you Sathish2388. If I have to reinstall (clean) windows, then I might as well replace the HDD with a SDD. I've been thinking about it for some time before the problem ocurred.
  • andylbandylb ACE Posts: 3,828 Pathfinder
    edited January 3
    Juan23 said:
    Thank you Sathish2388. If I have to reinstall (clean) windows, then I might as well replace the HDD with a SDD. I've been thinking about it for some time before the problem ocurred.

Easy way to do a clean install of windows is restart and press Alt + F10 at startup then select Keep Files. There is no need to go to all the trouble of Windows creation tool or copying files etc..

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★