Screen glitches then windows shutdown after fresh install

Options
AkeelHenry
AkeelHenry Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Recently changed the HDD on my Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H because it failed and after doing a fresh install of windows this is happening. Windows updated all the drivers automatically and everything seemed to work fine but sometimes the screen does this then the laptop shuts off. Someone told me it might be an issue with the GPU overheating. Any tips on maybe if I have the wrong drivers installed or anything? Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,620 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You could try the latest ACER-flavored Intel VGA driver from the download page https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7332?b=1   You could also try turning off fast startup in ControlPanel's power button app. As long as nothing else seems amiss, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AkeelHenry
    Options
    JackE said:
    You could try the latest ACER-flavored Intel VGA driver from the download page https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7332?b=1   You could also try turning off fast startup in ControlPanel's power button app. As long as nothing else seems amiss, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Jack E/NJ

Should I use the VGA driver that says "VGA Driver support RS4" or just "VGA Driver"?
  • JackE
    Options
    First try slow boot by turning off fast boot in the ControlPanel power  button app. If no joy, then next try the March 2019 Intel driver version 24.20.100.6286

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AkeelHenry
    Options
    JackE said:
    First try slow boot by turning off fast boot in the ControlPanel power  button app. If no joy, then next try the March 2019 Intel driver version 24.20.100.6286

Jack E/NJ

Been a few hours and it seems to be working fine after updating the driver that you linked. Thank you! Will update if anything changes. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. In the box that pops up, make sure system protection is turned on just in case an errant Windows or some other update tries to mess things up. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ