How to get rid off waves audio app/drivers - PH317-53.

Options
Honey3
Honey3 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2020 in Predator Laptops
Hi,

I have a problem with bloatware waves audio app (high CPU usage when idle, fans blasting like crazy, webcam turned on every time I played a video) on my Predator PH317-53. I thought that simple uninstall will solve the issues but ... yes and nope.

Even after uninstall, I can still see Waves MaxxAudio Service Application in Start-up (Task manager -> Start-up tab). If I locate the files, it points me to the windows driver directory "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wavesapo77ac.inf_amd64_d5839c9d7c0bda64". When I try to delete the files via pnputil command line tool, I will get an error message stating that the package driver is in use. Uninstall resolved webcam problem etc. but the driver files are still present. I want to get rid off the files. Does anybody know how to COMPLETELY remove the waves garbage app from the laptop?

Thank you.

Answers

• jakesu11y
    jakesu11y Member Posts: 80 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    I haven't found a way to completely pull the driver files from the drive either, and I agree, that app is garbage, lol. 

At any rate, by uninstalling it (as you have) and right click>disable it on the startup tab in task manager I have gotten it to leave me alone. Hope that helps. 
  • Honey3
    Honey3 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    That's unfortunate :/

I did the same thing but I also deleted registry key granting permission to camera for this app and uninstall and delete the WavesSysSvc windows service.

• JustDon
    JustDon Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    do I need it on start up trying to figure out what I need in my new acer