AN515My redmi note 8pro connecting and diconnecting with my laptop acer nitro 5 and i only get sound

Options
MDAFZAL
MDAFZAL Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

I am having a weird problem with the USB ports on it.

my redmi note 8 pro can`t stay connected. As soon as you plug it, it makes the connect sound then the disconnect sound and keeps cycling between connecting and disconnecting.

is it related to the device as I tried on the three available USB ports of the laptop, all behave the same.

but my phone connects easily on other laptop and pc.

I have tried two different phones and one tablet all work fine.

Searching online I found a lot of people with similar issues mostly unresolved. I did disable the USB suspend option in the power options without any results, as well as uninstall all USB hub so they would be reinstalled at boot time, and installed all optional windows updates.

Apart from that, USB mouse, USB keys or external USB drives appear to work fine.

Anyone with a similar issue and a definitive fix?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the model? Example a515-51-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    MDAFZAL said:

I am having a weird problem with the USB ports on it.

my redmi note 8 pro can`t stay connected. As soon as you plug it, it makes the connect sound then the disconnect sound and keeps cycling between connecting and disconnecting.

is it related to the device as I tried on the three available USB ports of the laptop, all behave the same.

but my phone connects easily on other laptop and pc.

I have tried two different phones and one tablet all work fine.

Searching online I found a lot of people with similar issues mostly unresolved. I did disable the USB suspend option in the power options without any results, as well as uninstall all USB hub so they would be reinstalled at boot time, and installed all optional windows updates.

Apart from that, USB mouse, USB keys or external USB drives appear to work fine.

Anyone with a similar issue and a definitive fix?

If other devices work fine when connected to the laptop USB then the laptop USB is working correctly and it must be a problem in the Note pro

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• MDAFZAL
    edited January 2020
    Options
    But my Redmi note 8 pro connects with other laptop and PC easily
  • MDAFZAL
    Options
    What is the model? Example a515-51-58vh.
    Model no is nitro AN515-43
  • JeffClyde
    JeffClyde Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi there. Same problem, just bought acer Nitro 5 last week. When I tried to copy movies, it keeps disconnecting too. By the way I got Redmi Note 8 Pro China rom 6/128. Tried my wife's phone she has Redmi Note 8 pro Global rom 6/64 but it works fine. Any solutions please? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @JeffClyde Ideally, you should create a new topic. You can add me by putting an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Muthu93
    Muthu93 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same issue with Redmi Note 8 Pro and Nitro 5 @MDAFZAL@JeffClyde any help would be appreciated.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Muthu93 Ideally, you should create a new topic. You can add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer