Why won’t my computer turn on Z4820G

Options
Kemast
Kemast Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2021 in All-In-One PCs
So I have an acer computer, model: Veriton  Z4820G and I had it since August. It was working pretty well for me and my brother but when I tried to turn it on it was supposed to have a blue light but it didn’t. My mom thought it was the ac adaptor but it was really the computer itself. I tried to do my own thing to fix it but clearly it didn’t work at all. Can someone help ?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Sathish2388
    Sathish2388 Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Kemast.. Hi!

1. Turn off your computer and then unplug the power cable
    2. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds without power cable
    3. connect the power cable then try to turn on your computer and check whether it's turning on or not.. 
  • Kemast
    Options
    Kemast.. Hi!

1. Turn off your computer and then unplug the power cable
    2. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds without power cable
    3. connect the power cable then try to turn on your computer and check whether it's turning on or not.. 
    It didn’t turn on 😔😔
  • Sathish2388
    Sathish2388 Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Kemast.. Try to connect the power cable with different power socket..
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Your mom could very easily be right. Although the power adapter is very close to what many laptops use, with the same voltage and plug size, it provides more power than most laptops need. So, if you plug a laptop supply in it will likely not have enough juice to run your computer. You need a 135W 19V 1.7x5.5x11mm adapter and most are 45W, 65W or 90W. It looks like a replacement will run in the $30 or less range.
    If it's not the power supply there aren't too many options for easy testing. The power plug is directly soldered into the motherboard, so there's not a lot that can go wrong there without either a mechanical failure or a bad motherboard... :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kemast
    Options
    Kemast.. Try to connect the power cable with different power socket..
    Still nothing 
  • SAAM
    SAAM Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have a similar problem

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    @SAAM you should start your own thread (use the Ask a Question button) to get better visibility into the community. Include your full model number, what you are seeing and what you have tried so far.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.