Problem with Driver for AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - swift 3 SF314-41

Pitithat
Pitithat Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
I have an acer swift 3 SF314-41 (Bios version V1.02) . Now the fingerprint reader and USB do not work.
I check device manager and see it the problem with the driver for AMD eXtensible Host Controller -1.10(Microsoft) (exclamation mark in front)
The driver property menu reports "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I have tried.
- update driver automatically.
- run windows update

I can disable and enable the every time in device manage and the problem's solved. Fingerprint reader and USB work again until the computer restart. What should I do? 

Best Answer

• Pitithat
    edited January 2020 Answer ✓
    I solved this issue (for now). I just installed BIO version V1.04 and the problem solved

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Uninstall all device drivers showing the yellow warning in DeviceManager. Exit DeviceManager without reinstalling anything. Shutdown Windows. Then turn the machine back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pitithat
    edited January 2020 Answer ✓
    I solved this issue (for now). I just installed BIO version V1.04 and the problem solved
  • JackE
    Congrats. Thanks for letting us know. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Setiawanryes_
    Setiawanryes_ Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also have the same problem. thanks jackE, my problem has been resolved.
  • aman_2833
    aman_2833 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have problem similar to that i got an error message usb malfunctioning even i am not plugging any device in usb ..previously i had connected my phone for data transfer after that i am facing that issue and in device manager it is showing device descriptor request failed 
    i had tried every possible way like 
    --driver update reinstall  uninstall 
    ----troubleshoot
    ---plug the device again.. 
    ---i tried to do usb selective setting in power plan but i my case there is no option of usb in advance power options
    ---and many more methods that are showing in youtube videos but problem still persists..
  • JackE
    This thread is more than two years old. For better attention, start your own new thread by clicking on the green ask a question button.

Jack E/NJ