Acer Chromebook 315 2H CPU specs are NOT present!!!

gcmartin
gcmartin Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello anyone. I am a current ACER owner. BUT I cannot get anyone on the phone or via chat that can answer a "PRE-SALES" question. It frustrating!!! So I am posting here in hopes someone can help or steer me to where I can get an answer.

I have been considering getting each of my 5 grandkids this Acer product, Chromebook 315 CB315-2HT-47WG

BUT the specs wont tell me about the processor in the system and looking its online manual, its not there either.

I need to know if the processor is a 2 thread processor or a 4 thread AMD processor? NO, I am NOT asking about cores; I AM asking about threads. AMD does make multithread (sometimes known as hyperthreading) core CPUs. So, I want to get 4 thread machines for the kids to future-proof them for the Chrome changes in its pipeline.

HELP IF CAN. IF someone could even identify the AMD's CPU number, at least they answer their phone for question like this; assuming you know the processor ID or the CPUID.

HELP ACER if you are listening.

Answers

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 699 Moderator
    @gcmartin

Normally a core would have 2 threads. Since, this device comes with dual core it has 4 threads. I guess its better for what you looking.. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    Specs I find say: "CB315-2HT-47WG-US CHROME / A4-9120C / BT / 4G / 32GB MMC / 3L4.67 / 15.6 / TOUCH". The A4-9120C processor specs on AMDs site say two cores, 2 threads, so it's not what you're looking for.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.