Screen won't turn on

Kate10
Kate10 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My swift one laptop was giving me the blue screen of death with the message "uncorrectable error". This then disappeared and when using the laptop the screen flicked as if something had disconnected and the screen froze.

I then turned the laptop off using the power button. Then when trying to turn the laptop back on the screen would not turn on but the blue light on the side would light up. After trying multiple times the screen will not turn on. The laptop has been fully charged and now the blue light will only stay on if the laptop is plugged into the charger. 

I have attempted to boot the laptop up in safe mode, I have used a pin to reset the laptop button on the back of the laptop and I have tried to connect the laptop to another monitor but none of these methods are working. 

What am I best trying now?

Thank you 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Any chance you are still in warranty? Sounds like you have already done all the obvious troubleshooting steps...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kate10
    Kate10 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Nope, I think it ran out 3/4 months ago. Do you have any idea what would have caused this problem?