G226HQL problem with DVI input...

meadowend
meadowend Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
(I know it's an old monitor...)

My G226HQL monitor (Part no: UM.WG6EE.H01) works fine with an HDMI to DVI cable connected to the HDMI output of a Freeview box. However when I connect its DVI input to either my Windows 10 PC or my MacBook Pro Retina, it's not detected; monitor shows "No Signal".

I've tried:
  • DVI to DVI cable from Windows PC - display not detected (cable's fine - works perfectly on another PC).
  • HDMI to DVI cable (the one that works from the Freeview box) from HDMI output on MacBook Pro Retina 13" - display not detected
  • 2 different Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapters from Thunderbolt port on MacBook - display not detected
  • Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter from Thunderbolt port on MacBook and 2 different, known good, HDMI to DVI cables - display not detected
  • Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter from Thunderbolt port on MacBook to VGA on monitor - works fine!
  • I've tried resetting both PRAM and SMC on the MacBook, rebooting the computer, and switching the monitor off and on. Makes no difference. 
When DVI's connected in any of the above situations (except Freeview box), the menu won't display on screen. Menu displays happily when connected to Freeview box or VGA display.
If I'd only connected it to the computers, my conclusion would be that the monitor has a faulty DVI port, but it works fine when connected to the HDMI output of a Freeview box.

I'm stumped. Any ideas? Thanks

Best Answer

• meadowend
    Answer ✓
    Update: I tried one more thing, which was to unplug the monitor and leave it for 30 minutes. When I plugged it in again, it worked fine. Bizarre, I know.

Answers

• meadowend
    Answer ✓
    Update: I tried one more thing, which was to unplug the monitor and leave it for 30 minutes. When I plugged it in again, it worked fine. Bizarre, I know.
This discussion has been closed.