SSD Installation

akshaysc
akshaysc Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, so i recently purchased a samsung 860 evo ssd 1TB and plan on replacing my entire hard disk with it. so before i go ahead with the cloning i wanted to know if there are any steps i should take or follow as people seem to face issues in places where the ssd cannot be recognized by the bios or cant be chosen as a primary bootable device etc. (my bios is legacy.)

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Is the HDD that you currently have the only drive in your system? If yes, then replacing it with another drive wouldn't be an issue(I don't see a reason why it wouldn't in the first place). 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• akshaysc
    akshaysc Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter
    ven98 said:
    Is the HDD that you currently have the only drive in your system? If yes, then replacing it with another drive wouldn't be an issue(I don't see a reason why it wouldn't in the first place). 
    yes the hdd is the only drive in the system right now. my system is a aspire e15 e5-572g-525v. os is  windows 10 legacy boot.