Non of the keys of my laptop are working except for power key.

Roy007
Roy007 Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have dual boot ubuntu and windows 10. Power key works fine. Iam able to switch my laptop on but not able to navigate to windows because keys are not working.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    KB ribbon cable probably needs to be reseated on the mainboard. Google your full model number keyboard disassembly for videos on how to do it. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Roy007

Tinkerer

But iam not able to understand how power button is working fine. Does it have sime special connection
  • JackE
    Absolutely. Power button connects battery power directly to the mainboard through a separate power wired cable. KB keys connect to the mainboard through a separate data flat ribbon cable.  Google your full model number keyboard disassembly for videos on what these connections look like. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Roy007

Tinkerer

I tried kb ribbon reseating and also battery reset but still not working. Are there any software issues associated with this? What should i do now?
  • JackE
    Open DeviceManager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? If none, click the Keyboards folder. Right click standard keyboard. Click 'uninstall'. Exit DeviceManager without reinstalling anything. Then shutdown. Then turn the machine back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ