Searching for a bracket for my SSD

DenOuwe
DenOuwe Member Posts: 22 Networker
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone
Since December 9 I am searching for a bracket to mount an extra SSD in my Aspire V3-771G. The one similar to the bracket that Acer used to mount the HDD is no longer available ( it was manufactured by OUTDATED partcode 33.RYNN5.001). On every site where I found the article, it is mentioned that it can't no longer be ordered. On some sites it's still available (Ebay) but they want 39.99 EUR for it, it's real cost is some 14 EUR . I can't believe that there is no possibility to get the genuine part, or some alternative. Acer still mounts HDD and SSD in their laptops don't they? Some vendors are proposing to use a caddy that replaces the DVD in my laptop. But with the possibility and available space in my Aspire, isn't it a bit silly not to use it and loose the DVD player? This is my 3th post but it remains very quiet from Acer or the community. Again I join a picture from the bracket.

Kind regards

Den Ouwe

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    I only use antistat foam to immobilize and protect 2.5" drives in my laptops. It's crowded enough inside without adding more needless metal brackets and screws. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ