DP flickering issues on Acer 32" Predator Z321QU

Options
minisemi
minisemi Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
When using DP on my brand new monitor, the screen will flicker. It seems as if it is reconnecting to the source, since (as you can see in the video below) every time this happens the DP logo will appear in the top right corner. The number in the top right corner displays my refresh rate (a setting on the monitor) and the numbers in the bottom right displays fps etc. This tends to only happen when I'm playing games. I haven't been able to reproduce the error with either HDMI or DP 60 Hz however, so it only seems to occur for higher refresh rates.

I additionally also recorded the video sequence below with Nvidia's recording software on my PC, but the flickers don't appear on that video which to me indicates that this is the monitor's fault rather than for example the graphics card's, since the graphics card can render the game without a problem in that video.

My computer is also brand new with the following specs. I have downloaded all the newest drivers. The DP cable I'm using came with the monitor and is connected from my graphics card to the monitor (1m long cord). I have also set the correct refresh rate in both Nvidia's control panel and in Windows 10, and am using the same resolution in the game as in the settings in Nvidia's control panel (2560x1440). I have also tried playing around with the graphics settings in the different games I've tried with no success.

ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER DUAL EVO OC V2

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

HyperX Fury DDR4 2666MHz 16GB

Kingston A2000 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD

Corsair Vengeance 750M, 750W PSU

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING, Socket-AM4

Windows 10 64 bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SF7HyCYVCc&feature=youtu.be 

I haven't been able to find a similar issue in this forum for my monitor model. Any ideas why this happens? Do I need a replacement? 

Answers

• minisemi
    minisemi Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Update: I'm now even seeing the flickering when no game is running (even in the background), for example when I'm on the desktop or using a browser