Aspire T TC-780 Upgrading my PC but i can't load Windows without the original Hard Drive

PureifiedWater
PureifiedWater Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I Have a  Aspire T TC-780 Desktop PC and recently went and bought a 2TB HDD to replace my original 1TB HDD, But every time i unplug my 1TB it tells me to insert a boot drive. 
(if more info is needed let me know) 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning PureifiedWater !

Nothing wrong.
    The operating system is installed on your factory HDD.
    Without it no system to boot.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• PureifiedWater
    PureifiedWater Member Posts: 2 New User
    As i was tired last night i failed to mention that i have a 250GB SSD as my Main boot drive, it was my first upgrade, and it holds my OS on it.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    So the question is bootloader configuration at Bios.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    When you moved the OS to the SSD you didn't move the boot partitions for UEFI and Recovery. They are still on the original HDD. Clone the HDD to the new drive, including those partitions, leaving them the same size (likely 100MB, 450MB and about 1GB). Then you'll be able to load from the new drive and won't have to reimage the SSD.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.