new computer with activated windows key

definehelp
definehelp Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
just bought a new computer from acer sealed and everything. After about 15 minutes later the activate windows icon starts at the right bottom off my computer. I find the windows key with (powershell "(Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey"). where I find the key. I change the key then I get the error code 0xC004C008 saying the activation key has already been used. I tried activating by phone but that didn't work.

Answers

• definehelp

Tinkerer

quick update: issue has not been solved. I installed windows again and restarted the computer, nothing worked. I went to a repair shop and they will check on the computer tomorrow. Windows told me to buy another windows key but I prefer not buying it again since it should come with the computer. now it's pretty much all the choice of having windows not activated or buy another key. Does anyone know how you contact support.
  • definehelp

Tinkerer

don't know why the comment came twice. also why it's an accepted answer
  • definehelp

Tinkerer

hi definehelp. I'm a support assistant and a regional manager for acer I have taken this case personally and will not sleep until this is solved. First of all we do like to rip off our costumers from time to time, just show business brother. selling the same windows key to multiple users even though they pay more than 1000$ for their computer. we hide our warranties so that people can't call support. if you have a problem you can check our community where their are some wonderful people that will read your post.
  • definehelp

Tinkerer

quick update: issue has not been solved. I installed windows again and restarted the computer, nothing worked. I went to a repair shop and they will check on the computer tomorrow. Windows told me to buy another windows key but I prefer not buying it again since it should come with the computer. now it's pretty much all the choice of having windows not activated or buy another key. Does anyone know how you contact support.
    can't leave post so I need to upload this. sorry
  • definehelp

Tinkerer

turn out I don't have warranty. even though I just bought the laptop. doesn't make sense since I was the one to open the seal. why wouldn't acer include warranty on new computers ?
  • definehelp

Tinkerer

no warranty, no activation key, no support maybe this isn't a genuine acer laptop just some china knock off
  • Check the serial with program productkey and post the result here 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)