Model SB220Q is not connecting to my laptop any longer.

Bobbie2020
Bobbie2020 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 23 in 2020 Archives
I have a Acer LCD monitor Model# SB220Q and it is not connecting to the HP laptop all of a sudden?? 

Answers

• Bobbie2020
    Bobbie2020 Member Posts: 2 New User
    It comes up as No Signal. I have switched the HDMI Cable and still no help. The laptop does not find the monitor when I ask to detect the device. HELP

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    When you turn the monitor on does the splash screen display? Do you get anything displayed on the monitor while the laptop does it's POST?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bulliet
    Bulliet Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have this same issue and i see no signal on the screen after it cycles to VGA and Hdmi, i have it connected through HDMI and cannot figure out why?  Seemed to start after a windows update
  • billsey
    @Bulliet I have to ask you the same questions, do you see the splash screen when you turn the monitor on? Can you use see the on screen menu?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bulliet
    edited June 2020
    @billsey
    Yes i can see the splash screen and see the menu on the monitor.  This seems to happen when windows tries to update.

I have tried the to rollback the update
    Update graphics card driver
    Update monitor driver

Nothing worked
  • billsey
    OK, so we know it's not the display itself, that leaves the connection between the monitor and computer and the computer port. You are using HDMI, have you tried a different cable?
  • Bulliet
    Ok, so now it works when i uninstalled display adapter and monitors and restarted.  
  • billsey
    Ah, so it was a corrupted entry then... Good job! :)