Aspire R15 Touchscreen suddenly stopped working

Sentoki
Sentoki Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I was just going about using the laptop as per usual, when suddenly the touchscreen stopped working. I tried updating the monitor drivers but it says that driver is already updated. 
Is there any fix to this?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Sentoki
    Made a mistake with model number, it is Aspire R5-571TG-765K
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Check in Device Manger to verify there's not an exclamation point on the icon for the touch screen under human interface devices. If there is we'll want to deal directly with that. Same thing for if it's missing altogether. If it seems to be working fine there let us know and we'll think of something else. :) Most often it's a software glitch, sometimes the actual hardware fails.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sentoki
    The thing is, there's no touch screen under the Human Interface Devices, so I'm completely lost on what to do
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    In Device Manager is there anything showing as unknown? You can also try "Show hidden devices" under the View menu.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sentoki
    Didn't see anything showing as unknown, and "Show hidden devices" didnt have it either.
    I also tried to reboot in safe mode earlier and it was still missing from Device Manager.