Help please - Connect monitor to laptop

ArleneW
ArleneW Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
My son has an acer predator laptop.  I just bought him an acer predator monitor and for the life of me I can't seem to connect the two !  The laptop has USB and HDMI slots.  The monitor has Display Port slot and USB slots.  The cable that came with the monitor is display port to display port and there is no display port on the laptop.  I can't connect using HDMI to HDMI as there is no HDMI on the monitor.   I looked into an adaptor from DP to HDMI but apparently that would only work if display port went into laptop and HDMI into monitor.  I'm at wits end and don't know how to help my son.  I don't know anyone tech savvy enough to help me.  Any advice would be appreciated, thank you

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    There are both HDMI to DP adapters and DP to HDMI adapters. You are looking for the former. Here is one, just the first one I saw in a search. Note that the DP->HDMI run $10-15 each and the HDMI->DP are more in the $30-50 range. It's because the conversion needs more 'smarts' and therefore costs more.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.