Nitro 5 Numpad fail

NikPalPro
NikPalPro Member Posts: 36 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have just now purchased a new Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-52H2. Ever since the beginning, I noticed an issue, the Numeric Keypad hasn't been working as intended. It works like a mouse control mostly and when I toggle the NumLk, it still just works just as a cursor pointer while typing and almost never inputs numbers except for the PIN while logging into Windows

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    You have probably turned on "Mouse Keys" by accident it is an Ease of Access feature, follow the steps below

• Open Ease of Access center by clicking the Start Button → Control Panel → Ease of Access Center
    • Find "Change how your keyboard works" in the list of options and click it 
    • Uncheck "Turn on Mouse Keys"
    • Press OK to apply the setting and close the window.

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• NikPalPro
    Is there not a single solution to this, any moderators or anyone out there from Acer who can figure out the problem? Or any senior members maybe?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    You have probably turned on "Mouse Keys" by accident it is an Ease of Access feature, follow the steps below

• Open Ease of Access center by clicking the Start Button → Control Panel → Ease of Access Center

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• NikPalPro
    andylb said:

Oh. Thanks a lot, man. It has resolved the issue. I found out that many Ease of Access features were enabled on my laptop by default. Probably from my old laptop that had no Numeric Keyboard