What is the correct part number for a CMOS battery replacement for a Acer Aspire R1600?

Owners569
Owners569 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I pulled this little unit out of retirement but it needs a new CMOS battery; what is the correct part number or battery type for a replacement? Thanks!

Answers

• Why do you need to replace the rtc battery? Are bios settings being reset?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Owners569
    Owners569 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes, at every reboot it complains of a CMOS checksum error and the date is reset. I just assumed the battery would need to be replaced as a result. Is there something else I should try? This unit was sitting on the shelf for many years...
  • Xanadu
    Xanadu Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    CR2032 is usually the battery for most - if not all - computers. A good quality battery will normally last about 4 years, but less if the PC spends most of its time switched off.

Some devices have a rechargeable CMOS battery which gets topped-up from the mains power and these will last much longer.
  • Have you just tried to unplug and reconnect the rtc battery (the one in battery format with a yellow plastic)?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    Yes, it's a CR2032, but with the wires already soldered on. Check on yours first to see if it has a two pin connector, or a three pin with just two wires. They are easily available on Amazon and eBay. It's likely held in place with a little blob of adhesive and you can do the same thing with the replacement.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    The Acer manual shows it here @billsey:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    That one looks to me like the three pin with the outer two pins populated. Most of them on Amazon or eBay have just a two pin connector. Last time I replaced one on a notebook I had to pull the pins from one and put them into the other. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.