acer swift 3 sf314-52-50sq is it upgradable?

Options
EMEDrith
EMEDrith Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hey, I have recently bought the sf314-52-50sq model. The system comes with 4gb of ram, an i5 7th gen processor and ssd 256gb .
I want to know if the  installed ram is soldered in the motherboard or if there is any expansion slot to expand the ram.
I would also like to know if there is an option to upgrade the hardrive ssd(for bigger capacity) or if the motherboard has an extra slot for hardrive/ssd 

Hace poco compre la acer swift 3 sf314-52-50sq   el equipo viene con 4gb ram, i5 7ma generacion y un ssd de 256gb
mi consulta es si la ram esta soldada y si hay algun slot de expansion para la memoria ram, 
mi segunda consulta es si hay opcion de actualizar el disco ssd por uno mas grande o si trae algun slot extra para discos solidos o rigidos.

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    You can not upgrade the memory in this model, it has only a 4 GB module soldered to the motherboard and no slots for upgrade, as for the storage, you have two M.2 slots in your model, one for NVMe/PCIe and the other one is for SATA, if you have a M.2 SATA SSD installed, I think you can install a NVMe SSD in the other slot.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Swift-SF314-52/59493
    Hola,
    No puede actualizar la memoria en este modelo, solo tiene un módulo de 4 GB soldado a la placa base y no hay ranuras para la actualización, en cuanto al almacenamiento, tiene dos ranuras M.2 en su modelo, una para NVMe / PCIe y la otro es para SATA, si tiene una SSD SATA M.2 instalada, creo que puede instalar una SSD NVMe en la otra ranura.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    You can not upgrade the memory in this model, it has only a 4 GB module soldered to the motherboard and no slots for upgrade, as for the storage, you have two M.2 slots in your model, one for NVMe/PCIe and the other one is for SATA, if you have a M.2 SATA SSD installed, I think you can install a NVMe SSD in the other slot.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Swift-SF314-52/59493
    Hola,
    No puede actualizar la memoria en este modelo, solo tiene un módulo de 4 GB soldado a la placa base y no hay ranuras para la actualización, en cuanto al almacenamiento, tiene dos ranuras M.2 en su modelo, una para NVMe / PCIe y la otro es para SATA, si tiene una SSD SATA M.2 instalada, creo que puede instalar una SSD NVMe en la otra ranura.