Iconia A3-A20 Overheated: Battery replaced- NOW Stuck at Logo. Is there a setting reset required?

pTerance
pTerance Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Iconia A3-A20 Tablet Overheated.  (likely cause warmth love and sunshine)
The battery puffed up.  Battery has been replaced.   Replaced AP14A4M with AP14A8M   (told it was compatible)
NOW Stuck at Logo.
I can get to the boot menu, but none of those actions has any affect.  

Is there some setting reset required?
I've narrowed it down to the idea that there could be a setting which is preventing the tablet from completing beyond the initial boot.  Possibly triggered by/after the overheating condition occurred.

Am I close?  Has anyone any ideas on how to get beyond the logo screen?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    If you can get into the recovery menu you can try  full reset. If that doesn't work and Acer has an OS image to download for your model you can try reinstalling the OS over itself. The fact you can get to the logo is a good sign, it means the processor, memory and BIOS are working. Most likely the OS is corrupted, but it's possible the drive has failed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pTerance
    pTerance Member Posts: 2 New User
    I concur.  I was looking for the OS image when it dawned on me that the thing may be self protecting to avoid another overheat.  
    It's something I've encountered in other situations.  You can fix it, but you need to tell it that it has been fixed.  Thought I'd throw the idea out there and see if anyone has any ideas.