Undervolting

Roby_Aliv
Roby_Aliv Member Posts: 39 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi i don't know what to do my laptop heat too much so i decided undervolting it with intel XTU my cpu offset voltage is -0,165 and the temps dont really change the setting that make temps ok is -0,170 but when i put it at this sometimes my windows crash and reboot can you help me please.

Cordialy

Config i5-8300h gtx 1050 4gb 8gb ram
Acer Nitro 5 an515-53

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Roby_Aliv said:
    Hi i don't know what to do my laptop heat too much so i decided undervolting it with intel XTU my cpu offset voltage is -0,165 and the temps dont really change the setting that make temps ok is -0,170 but when i put it at this sometimes my windows crash and reboot can you help me please.

Cordialy

Config i5-8300h gtx 1050 4gb 8gb ram
    Acer Nitro 5 an515-53

What temperatures were you getting that you think are too high?

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Roby_Aliv
    95-96 degrees celsius
  • Roby_Aliv
    Yeah but i looked on google and all the laptop with my cpu heat a lot and even people who make repast don't get better temps
  • andylb
    edited December 2019
    Roby_Aliv said:
    Yeah but i looked on google and all the laptop with my cpu heat a lot and even people who make repast don't get better temps

We have a lot of people on here who have repasted with Grizzly Kryonaut and had significant temperature reductions up to 10 deg. I would not suggest it unless it was a proven and tested method. This isn't "Google" we are an Acer specific site and are experienced in Acer products. I have suggested a solution but it's entirely up to you. Make sure you game with fans on Max with Coolboost and I use a USB powered cooling mat

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Roby_Aliv
    About how much degrees would a cooling mat make me loose?
  • andylb
    edited December 2019
    Roby_Aliv said:
    About how much degrees would a cooling mat make me loose?

Approximately 3 to 5 deg but repasting gives by far the lower temperature differential about 7 to 10 deg. and there have been known issues with the Nitro 5 stock paste, The two together can easily lower your temps by 10 degrees or more

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Roby_Aliv
    edited December 2019
    When i do stress tests of the cpu and the gpu my temps dont go as high as when im gaming even if both are at 100% why?

• Roby_Aliv
    And what temps would be ok for my cpu
  • andylb
    Roby_Aliv said:
    And what temps would be ok for my cpu
    Anything consistently below 90 degrees preferably 85 deg or lower, the occasional spikes over 90 are ok

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    edited December 2019
    Roby_Aliv said:
    When i do stress tests of the cpu and the gpu my temps dont go as high as when im gaming even if both are at 100% why?

Stress with AIDA64 it is a way better stress test, it says buy but there is a free 1 month trial period, be careful to scroll down the page a little to find the download link it is not the big blue one at the top of the page. Demanding games are always better than a stress test.please click YES if I have helped solve your problem
    https://www.aida64.com/downloads/YzcyMTRhNWU=

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Roby_Aliv
    What can I do for undervolting because -0.170 is the best I get good temps but sometimes it crash and -0.165 don’t get a lot of difference
  • Roby_Aliv
    I made a stress test with aida64 and i realised that when fan speed goes up the temp go down normal but after like 2 min they start to go up again and dont go down after
  • andylb
    Roby_Aliv said:
    I made a stress test with aida64 and i realised that when fan speed goes up the temp go down normal but after like 2 min they start to go up again and dont go down after

That's normal

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★