Large problem

Stuzy44
Stuzy44 Member Posts: 21

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
i have a problem. i went in to the device manager and updated the firmware on my computer after a restart it was caught in a power loop that i fixed by removing the memory and putting it back but now everything else seems not to be working.I can't enter the bios because it does not show a display on the monitor and power seems to be lost to the usb's but the board lights up and all fans work.I tried the bios reset button on the rear but with no results. the computer is a predator orion 9000 i9.If anyone can help that would be great.

Answers

• What is the exact model of your noteboo? Example an515-51-75kz. You know that driver firmware updates the computer bios, right? Also, what did you mean by "loop power"? Did you mean that the Acer logo appeared, but the notebook kept restarting?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Stuzy44

Tinkerer

All i know it's a p-900 model predator orion 9000 .the power loop is when it restarted it just kept powering on and off all the time in a loop.so i stopped all power to the computer took out the memory chips and put them back.that fixed the loop
  • OK! But can you access the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Stuzy44

Tinkerer

no i can't get in.There is no display to the monitor not even the predator logo don't know if taking out the gpu cards and slotting them back in would help but i guess the update may have messed up the bios.
  • Is your model the PO9-600_RGB?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Stuzy44

Tinkerer

it's a PO9-900 
  • PO9-900 or PO9-900_RGB? Probably the bios has been corrupted. Can you tell which version of the previous bios was?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Stuzy44

Tinkerer

no idea.when i checked the reg number it never said RGB but it lights up like a space ship.as for the bios i can't remember the version sorry.
  • Can you enter the first ten numbers of partnumber? Example: DG.E0JEM.003

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Stuzy44

Tinkerer

do you mean the reg number?

• Stuzy44

Tinkerer

DGE0JEK016
  • This desktop model has a button called rom backup on the motherboard. However, I don't know if I can give you this bios recovery procedure because of ACUA. Also, on some models, you have to change the position of the jumper to allow bios to be updated. I will ask my friends @JackE, @billsey and @xapim for help.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Stuzy44

Tinkerer

ok. thanks for your help.
  • Did you find the backup rom button on the motherboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Stuzy44

Tinkerer

i don't know where to look.can you tell me what it looks like or where i might find it please?
  • Stuzy44

Tinkerer

i know the board is a Intel X299 but i don't have a layout

• Are you sure this problem was caused because of the firmware driver update?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Stuzy44

Tinkerer

yes it was as soon as i downloaded it the problem happened.i noticed a RTC ram jumper is that what you want me to find?

• Stuzy44

Tinkerer

i saw it on the layout from the manual but i need to find it on the board

• Stuzy44

Tinkerer