The laptop keyboard O,P,+,0,8,6 no working . but others key board no problem.- Acer V13 V3-371-36VZ

NgHarry
NgHarry Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

Windows 10 version 1903 (OS build 18362.535). My keyboard O,P,+,0,8,6,4 is not working . Others key work well. 

Even i have tried the update drivers , ease access and etc.

Could you please advise the possible solution

Thanks for advice

Laptop model : Acer V13 V3-371-36VZ

Tried to scan then found now integrity violations.

Answers

• Has this problem occurred recently after any windows update?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NgHarry
    Hi Trailblazer,

Looked like happened after the windows updates. however, i did the following but can't solve my problem too.

1, Cleaned the related keys thoroughly.

2, Ran the troubleshoot - No change or update were necessary.

3, Windows updates - keyboard drivers - uninstalled and reinstalled.

4, Rolled back in 10% then problem remained - (FYI, i have reset my PC earlier but problem remained).

5, keyboard work well in safe mode. (it's sure means keyboard software issue, right ?) curious now , even i gone through so much reset in software.

6, Resetting keyboard - no working.

7, installed the Media Creation Tool then updated all in latest version.

Thanks for reading and advice

• If the keyboard works correctly in safe mode, then it is not a hardware problem. Have you ever run an antivirus for viruses, trojans, or malware that might interfere with your keyboard?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NgHarry
    Hi Egydiocoelho,

Thanks for the above advice. I will send to Acer for solution.

Wishing you Hay 2020 ahead.

Your sincerely
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    >>>FYI, i have reset my PC earlier but problem remained>>>
    Exactly how'd you reset it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• NgHarry
    Hi JackE,

I have reset it to factory default.

Means, from "formatted the PC" to factory resetting.

Thanks
  • What is the version of uefi-bios? There are some bios updates for your model that fixes something on the keyboard!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NgHarry
    Hi Eqydiocoelho,

Appreciate your advice then i done the update on the BIOS from V1.12 to V1.27 then still not solve. Most properly is hardware issue. due to i tested it again in BIOS then found the specified key 4,6 no working.

Wishing you 2020 ahead.

Your sincerely
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    After the upgrade, did you try to restore the bios by pressing f9 and then f10? This way you can fix possible bios bugs.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NgHarry
    Hi  Egydiocoelho ,

Did on the following.:-

F9 Setup Defaults and F10 Save & Exit

Remained the same problem.

Your sincerely
  • Are the O, P, +, 0.8,6 keys really working in safe mode? Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer