Acer swift 3 (SF314-58-36EE), touchpad is not working in Windows 10.

Options
LensyGuflensky
LensyGuflensky Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
After the clear installation of Windows 10, touchpad is not listed in device manager and not working. I have installed touchpad driver from the acer site, but nothing changed. To make sure it is not a harware problem, I have boot with live Linux from usb flash, and the touchpad was working fine. Could you help me to make it work in Windows 10? 

Best Answer

• LensyGuflensky
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I've made it work finally!!! Reinstalled clear windows 10 and installed all the acer drivers manually one by one, after installing some driver - touchpad showed up in device manager and started to work. solved

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab and check whether you have Touchpad mode available like in the snip. If you can change the mode, switch to Advanced and see whether it fixes the problem.

• LensyGuflensky
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I've made it work finally!!! Reinstalled clear windows 10 and installed all the acer drivers manually one by one, after installing some driver - touchpad showed up in device manager and started to work. solved
  • brummyfan2
    Options
  • maxMax
    maxMax Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Добрый день.
    Swift SF314-58 (Линукс)  По факту ни какой операционки не установлено т.е. ноут даже не загружался. Пытались поменять на другой, но такая же история со вторым. В итоге сами установили windows и драйвера. По началу всё хорошо было (пару месяцев) но сегодня перестал работать сетевой адаптер, появился синий экран после этого выходит ошибка (возникли проблемы ,связанные с драйверами или оборудованием) в Диспетчере устройств на сетевом адаптере желтый воскл. знак. Ни каких сетей не ищет. Переустановка драйвера и восстановление системы из резев. копирования не помогает.
    в чём проблема?
  • Blaker
    Blaker Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    For those who dont have touchpad even in device manager, you need to install "Serial IO Driver" from ACER WEBSITE, cause windows driver not work propertly. I said that, cause i was about to return that laptop, before isntall that driver i update bios, do battery reset, two clean windows installs and nothing worked, before install "Serial IO Driver" from Acer website.