Why is my nitro 5's fan so loud I tried cooldown mode and everything but still same Help?

Options
Weirdo810
Weirdo810 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming
I recently got a acer nitro 5 pc and it's been super loud with its fan, I tried cooldown mode and everything. My friend has a nitro 5 aswell and he hasn't had any problems with his fan. Help?
[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    HI @Weirdo810
    Select "Control Panel" from the Start menu >Click “Hardware and Sound,” and then “Power Options.” A new window opens.
    Click “Change Plan Settings,” and then “Change Advanced Power Settings.” The “Power Options” dialog box opens.
    Select the “Advanced Settings” tab. Click the plus symbol associated with “Processor Power Management” to open an options submenu.
    Select “System Cooling Policy” from the submenu. Click the down arrow under “System Cooling Policy” to reveal a drop-down menu.
    Select “Active” from the drop-down menu to increase the speed of your CPU’s cooling fan. Click “Apply” and then “OK.”
    A laptop cooling pad can help to reduce the operating temperature of a laptop.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    What is your exact model for example An515-**
    Incidentally there is no such thing as "Cooldown" mode it is "Coolboost" and Coolboost increases fan speed as it boosts the cooling 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Weirdo810
    Weirdo810 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Tom2019 said:
    HI @Weirdo810
    Select "Control Panel" from the Start menu >Click “Hardware and Sound,” and then “Power Options.” A new window opens.
    Click “Change Plan Settings,” and then “Change Advanced Power Settings.” The “Power Options” dialog box opens.
    Select the “Advanced Settings” tab. Click the plus symbol associated with “Processor Power Management” to open an options submenu.
    Select “System Cooling Policy” from the submenu. Click the down arrow under “System Cooling Policy” to reveal a drop-down menu.
    Select “Active” from the drop-down menu to increase the speed of your CPU’s cooling fan. Click “Apply” and then “OK.”
    A laptop cooling pad can help to reduce the operating temperature of a laptop.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
    Thank you tom for the advice but, it kinda helped. It still is loud, just not as loud.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    What is your exact model for example An515-** and please post a Nitrosense screenshot showing temperatures when fan is noisy
    Incidentally there is no such thing as "Cooldown" mode it is "Coolboost" and Coolboost increases fan speed as it boosts the cooling 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• lflucena
    lflucena Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

MIne doesn't have this:

• Sqnzwyd
    Sqnzwyd Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Try and go to the app named "NitroSense" and turn off cool CoolBoost on the top right, then set your fans too auto/custom, hopefully it worked!

-- CoolBoost on, makes your fans run faster/louder because its cooling your computer (it boosts cooling)

Thank you, Sqnzwyd!

-- I ain't a acer employee so I might be wrong, your welcome bye!

sorry for adding LOL, have a good rest of your year.